Thursday, September 29, 2011

Book of the Day: Yellow Moon, Apple Moon

Yellow Moon, Apple Moon
Author: Pamela Porter
Illustrator: Matt James
Groundwood Books, 2007

I haven't had much time to blog lately – sickness, Jewish holidays, withering away of naps – but I can't resist a quick post before Mirette wakes up.

This book arrived in the mail with a note from Steve.  "Dear Peggy and Mirette,  This book reminds me of you two.  I love you both dearly.  Steve aka Daddy"

How touching!  It's amazing how a beautiful book can add light and pleasure to a day. 

The book includes the song  A la puerta del cielo, which I often pound out on the piano, and the illustrations are swirls of thick, beautiful paint.

The author, Pamela Porter, generally writes young adult fiction. She has one other kids' book called Sky.  Matt James is a musician, an artist, and an illustrator for all kinds of other thingserotic books, cd covers, and another kids' book that looks fabulous called I Know Here.  His website:   http://www.mattjames.ca/p1.shtml.

I really like his band a lot too.  They are called Wayne Omaha and can be found here: http://www.myspace.com/wayneomaha/music/songs/electrical-light-won-rsquo-t-you-sh-19008728


May this sweet book light up your day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment